Thank you Cassie, for all the Herondales, Lightwoods, Morgensterns and Frays. And also for the Magnus Banes, Brother Zachariahs and Simon Lewises of your stories. They warmed my heart and added colour to the winter when I discovered them. Thank you.
Desirée / noalani.tumblr.com
I have a babysitting job interview tomorrow, and my getting the job depends on a 10 year-old girl liking me. Any tips on how to get kids to think you’re cool right away?
I just want to start out by saying thank you to everyone for all the support you’ve given me. I’ve made so many great friends in the year and half I’ve been blogging and I wouldn’t be where I am today if it weren’t for you. Okay, enough of the sappy stuff! To thank you guys I’ve decided to host a giveaway!
Here are the guidelines:
- Since this giveaway is to thank my followers, you must be following me
- There will be two (2) winners. The first place winner can chose any book(s) valued at $20 USD or less. The second place winner can choose any book(s) valued at $15 USD or less.
- You must enter using the Rafflecopter widget. Any other entries will not be counted.
- The giveaway is a worldwide as long The Book Depository ships to your country
- The giveaway ends on September 20, 2014 at 11:59 EST. I will then chose the winner using Rafflecopter (which uses a random number generator)
- I will be contacting the winners via email (provided to me via Rafflecopter). I promise I will only contact you for the giveaway and will never send you any spam.
- The winner will have 48 hours to respond before I pick another winner
- I will be checking to make sure that the winner has valid entries and if found to have invalid entries, the winner will be disqualified and another winner will be chosen
- The winners must be comfortable with giving me their address (again, I promise not to spam you!)
- If you have any questions feel free to ask me!
Here’s the link to the Rafflecopter giveaway! Enter away!
Stop making books into films and start making them into a tv show so we could have a lot more detail to them and they can stick to the book easier.
I thought this was going to make me annoyed but everything turned out better than expected
We read fantasy to find the colors again, I think. To taste strong spices and hear the songs the sirens sang. There is something old and true in fantasy that speaks to something deep within us, to the child who dreamt that one day he would hunt the forests of the night, and feast beneath the hollow hills, and find a love to last forever somewhere south of Oz and north of Shangri-La.
They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle-Earth.
- George R.R. Martin (via indisposablehero)
This is one of the most beautiful quotes I think I have ever read. I love it, and I will treasure it for my entire life.
I love this, and could tear up if I lacked the self-control. Very touching.